Creating a Giant Twix
I have a friend and he likes Twix. Not just a little, but a lot.
A whole lot.
So, when it came time for his 30th birthday present, a small team of food scientists in Albury and a designer in Geelong joined forces to create the perfect gift.
A Giant Twix. Complete with biscuit centre, and caramel filling and crinkle edge wrapping. Check out the gallery below to see it take shape!
Caramel Channel (makes about 1.5 litres)
- 25 kg of Nestle Dark Chocolate
Butter Biscuit (makes 2 metres of biscuit)
- 5 tins of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 700g Butter
- 12 Tablespoons of golden syrup
- 250g Butter
- 1 Cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 4 cups Plain Flour
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 x 1m drainage pipe for use as mould
- 1 x 80cm PVC piping (10cm diameter) to create channel for caramel
- Heaps of non-stick paper
- Industrial Fridge (for setting the Chocolate mid-summer)
- Large sheet of white paper
- Can of gold spray paint
- Twix logo for packaging